The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, November 16, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Revised Uniform Unclaimed Property Act (RUUPA) – Consideration of the Revised Uniform Act as an opportunity to update New Jersey’s current statutes (enacted in 1981), with a focus on identified issues (shown in bold in the Memo)Explanatory Memo - WORD || Explanatory Memo - PDF
2. Suspended License - Consideration of a Memorandum providing additional information concerning whether it is appropriate to modify the language of N.J.S. 2C:40-26(b) to clarify that an individual who operates a motor vehicle beyond the determinate sentenced term of suspension, but before reinstatement, would properly be charged with N.J.S. 39:3-40 and not N.J.S. 2C:40-26(b).WORD || PDF
3. Alimony Modification – Consideration of a Memorandum presenting a potential project concerning modification of alimony in anticipation of prospective retirement pursuant to N.J.S. 2A:34-23(j) as discussed in Mueller v. Mueller, 446 N.J. Super. 582 (2016).WORD || PDF
4. Inheriting from a Deceased Child – Consideration of a Memorandum presenting a potential project regarding inheriting from a deceased child based on the Court’s determination in In re Estate of Fisher, 443 N.J. Super. 180 (App. Div. 2015).WORD || PDF
5. Tax Assessment Requests (Chapter 91) - Consideration of a Memorandum discussing issues arising pursuant to N.J.S. 54:4-34 and N.J.S. 54:4-35, as discussed in 440 Rt 17 Ptrns LLC v. Borough of Hasbrouck Heights, 28 N.J. Tax 241 (2014) and Alcatel-Lucent, USA, Inc. v. Township of Berkeley Heights, 2016 WL 4729651 (Tax Ct 2016).WORD || PDF
6. Theft of Immovable Property – Consideration of a Memorandum concerning the definition of the word “transfer” as used in N.J.S. 2C:20-3(b) based on the decision in State v. Kosch, 444 N.J. Super. 368 (App. Div. 2016).WORD || PDF
7. Unemployment Benefits – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project regarding eligibility for unemployment benefits pursuant to N.J.S. 43:21-5 as discussed in Anderson v. Board of Review, 2016 WL 4446160 (App. Div. 2016).WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission meeting scheduled for December 21, 2017.