The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, February 15, 2018, at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Suspended License - Consideration of a Revised Draft Tentative Report proposing a modification of the language of N.J.S. 2C:40-26(b) to clarify that an individual who operates a motor vehicle beyond the determinate sentenced term of suspension, but before reinstatement, would properly be charged with N.J.S. 39:3-40 and not N.J.S. 2C:40-26(b).WORD || PDF
2. Revised Uniform Unclaimed Property Act (RUUPA) – Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report containing the RUUPA as released by the ULC with modifications to address issues specific to New Jersey law, which is designed to update New Jersey’s current statutes.WORD || PDF
3. “Residence” for Purposes of Sex Offender Registration – Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report regarding modification of N.J.S. 2C:7-2 as a result of State v. Halloran, 446 N.J. Super. 381 (Law Div. 2014) is appropriate in order to clarify that individuals required to register must register “secondary” addresses as well as their primary domicile or residence.WORD || PDF
4. Consumer Fraud Act - Consideration of a Memorandum reviewing the status of determinations previously made by the Commission in this area and seeking guidance regarding the direction of the project moving forward.WORD || PDF
5. Affidavit of Merit – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project in response to the determination of the Court in McCormick v. State, 446 N.J. Super. 603 (App. Div. 2016) finding that a litigant may not circumvent the affidavit of merit requirement by suing only the public entity.WORD || PDF
6. Open Public Meetings Act – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project in response to the determination of the Court in Kean Federation of Teachers v. Morell, 448 N.J. Super. 520 (App. Div. 2017) regarding the timely availability of meeting minutes and the need for Rice notices.WORD || PDF
7. Tax Exemption for Disabled Veterans – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project in response to the determination of the Court in Galloway Township v. Duncan, 29 N.J. Tax 520 (2016) concerning the definition of “direct support”.WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission meeting scheduled for March 15, 2018.