The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, May 24, 2018, at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Partnership and Trade Name Statutes – Consideration of a Draft Final Report proposing a modification to modernize the statutory provisions pertaining to partnerships, including penalties no longer consistent with the State’s approach to business entity requirements.WORD || PDF
2. Definition of “Material” in the Insurance Fraud Statute – Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report regarding the clarification of the meaning of the term “material” in the insurance fraud statute (N.J.S. 2C:21-4.6) pursuant to the determination of the New Jersey Supreme Court in State v. Goodwin, 224 N.J. 102 (2016).WORD || PDF
3. “Residence” for Purposes of Sex Offender Registration - Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report regarding proposed modification of N.J.S. 2C:7-2 to deal with the registration of secondary addresses in response to State v. Halloran, 446 N.J. Super. 381 (L. Div. 2014) that incorporates modifications to the draft statutory language in response to guidance from the Commission and an additional change in response to the recent determination of the New Jersey Supreme Court in State In the Interest of C.K., 2018 WL 1915104 (2018).WORD || PDF
4. Standard Form Contracts - Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing updates to the Commission’s 1998 Report regarding Standard Form Contracts.WORD || PDF
5. Revised Uniform Unclaimed Property Act (RUUPA) - Consideration of a brief Memorandum updating the Commission regarding a meeting held to obtain input regarding the Commission’s work in this area.WORD || PDF
6. Sidewalk Tort Liability – Consideration of a Memorandum regarding the status of the project concerning sidewalk tort liability and seeking guidance from the Commission regarding the future of this project.WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission meeting scheduled for June 21, 2018.