The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, May 16, 2019, at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Revised Standard Form Contracts - Consideration of a Revised Draft Final Report on Standard Form Contracts that has been modified for Commission consideration in response to comments received at the April Commission meeting.WORD || PDF
2. Revised Uniform Athlete Agents Act – Consideration of a Draft Final Report recommending no further action by the Commission in this area at this timeWORD || PDF
3. Definition of “Actor” for Purposes of N.J.S. 2C:1-6(c) - Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report to proposing statutory changes to define the term “actor” in the context of the DNA-tolling provision contained in N.J.S. 2C:1-6(c) and discussed in State v. Twiggs, 216 N.J. 513 (2018).WORD || PDF
4. Mandatory Sentencing – Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report relating to Mandatory Sentencing proposing statutory modifications in response to case law concerning factors that require a jury determination.WORD || PDF
5. Definition of “Tumultuous” – Consideration of a Revised Draft Tentative Report recommending modifications to the statute to clarify “public” and “tumultuous” in the context of disorderly conduct (N.J.S. 2C:33-2(b)) as discussed in State v. Finneman, 2017 WL 4448541 (App. Div. 2017).WORD || PDF
6. Foreclosure - Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project to modify the language of N.J.S. 2A:50-56.1 to address the issue of retroactive application.WORD || PDF
***Next meeting currently scheduled for June 20, 2019***