The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, July 20, 2017, at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. New Jersey Franchise Practices Act (NJFPA) -- Consideration of a Revised Draft Tentative Report proposing revisions to the NJFPA consistent with the case law regarding gross sales threshold in N.J.S. 56:10-4 and arbitration clauses in N.J.S. 56:10-7.3a.WORD || PDF
2. Subpoena v. Subpena -- Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report addressing the inconsistent spelling of the word subpoena in the New Jersey Statutes.WORD || PDF
3. Clarification of Tenure Issues -- Consideration of a Revised Draft Tentative Report and covering Memorandum with proposed new language addressing the tenure rights of clerks, secretaries, and certain other non-teaching school employees.Memo - WORD || Memo - PDF || Report - WORD || Report - PDF
4. Poor Law - Title 44 - Support -- Consideration of a Memorandum outlining options related to relatives’ responsibility to defray welfare/Work-First costs.WORD || PDF
5. Meaning of “Physical Examination” and the Scope of Public Entity Immunity -- Consideration of Memorandum proposing a potential project regarding the meaning of “physical examination” and the scope of immunity provided by N.J.S. 59:6-4 in light of the decision in Parsons ex rel. Parsons v. Mullica Tp. Bd. of Educ., 226 N.J. 297 (2016).WORD || PDF
6. Defining “Residence” for Sex Offender Registration -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project to consider modification of Megan’s Law, the sex offender registration statute (N.J.S. 2C:7-2), to clarify “residence” in light of the decision in State v. Halloran, 446 N.J. Super. 381 (Law Div. 2014).WORD || PDF
7. Public Health - N.J.S. 26:1-1 -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing the consolidation of N.J.S. 26:1-1 and N.J.S. 26:1-1A, so long as consolidation poses no detriment to the statutory scheme and does not lead to confusion.WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission Meeting tentatively scheduled for September 21, 2017.