The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, January 17, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Public Health Definitions -Consideration of a Memorandum seeking authorization to expand the scope of this limited Commission project to consider other potentially duplicative or confusing definitions contained in Title 26.WORD || PDF
2. Statute of Limitations -Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to clarify the event that triggers the statute of limitations in matters involving Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claims as considered by the Court in Abdulai v. Casabona et al., 2016 WL 1334539 (App. Div. 2016).WORD || PDF
3. Open Public Records Act – Entities to Which Applied - Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to clarify the statute as concerns the entities to which it applies as discussed in Verry v. Franklin Fire District No. 1, 230 N.J. 285 (2017).WORD || PDF
4. Learned Professional Exception: - Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to address the learned professional exception to the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act as discussed in Atlantic Ambulance Corp. v. Cullum, 451 N.J. Super. 247 (App. Div. 2017).WORD || PDF
5.Open Public Records Act – Redacted Information – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to clarify the issue of redaction discussed in Paff v. Bergen County, 2017 WL 957735 (App. Div. 2017).WORD || PDF
6. Tort Claims Act – Time Bar and Third Party Claims - Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project modifying the Tort Claims Act to address the impact of the time bar on cross-claims and third party claims as considered by the Court in Jones v. Morey’s Pier, Inc., 230 N.J. 142, 145 (2017).WORD || PDF
7. Open Public Records Act - Meaning of ‘Name’ and ‘Identity’ – Consideration of a Memorandum clarifying the OPRA exemption for records of an ongoing investigation, N.J.S. 47:1A-3(a), and 47:1A-3(b), as discussed in North Jersey Media Group, Inc. v. Township of Lyndhurst, 229 N.J. 541 (2017).WORD || PDF
8. 2018 Annual Report - Consideration of the Draft Annual Report for 2018.
9. Meeting Dates - Review and confirmation of meeting dates for 2019.
***Next meeting currently scheduled for February 21, 2019***