The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, June 21, 2018, at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Suspended License – Consideration of a Revised Draft Final Report recommending statutory modifications to clarify that an individuals who operate a motor vehicle beyond the determinate sentenced term of suspension, but before reinstatement of their driving privileges by the Motor Vehicle Commission, may properly be charged with N.J.S. 39:3-10 and not N.J.S. 2C:40-26(b).WORD || PDF
2. Misdemeanor – Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing statutory modifications to eliminate unnecessary references to the term “misdemeanor” in the New Jersey statutes – two versions of the Appendix identifying the proposed changes are also included.WORD || PDF
3. Unclaimed Property - Consideration of a Revised Draft Tentative Report proposing modifications to New Jersey’s statutes concerning unclaimed property in response to comments received regarding the Revised Uniform Unclaimed Property Act.WORD || PDF
4. Meaning of “Material” in N.J.S. 2C:21-4.6 (State v. Goodwin) - Consideration of a Revised Draft Tentative Report to clarify the meaning of the term “material” in the insurance fraud statute (N.J.S. 2C:21-4.6) pursuant to the determination of the New Jersey Supreme Court in State v. Goodwin, 224 N.J. 102 (2016).WORD || PDF
5. Meaning of “Harassment” in N.J.S. 2C:33-4 subsec. (c) (State v. Burkert) - Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project to clarify N.J.S. 2C:33-4 subsection (c) pursuant to the decision of the New Jersey Supreme Court in State v. Burkert, 231 N.J. 257 (2017).WORD || PDF
6. Uniform Powers of Appointment Act (UPAA) – Consideration of a Memorandum updating the Commission regarding the status of the preliminary work done regarding this Act and seeking guidance regarding Staff’s plan to move forward.WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission meeting scheduled for July 19, 2018.