The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, December 21, 2017, at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Partnership Trade Name Certificates - Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing a modification to modernize penalties no longer consistent with the State’s approach to business entity requirements.WORD || PDF
2.Revised Uniform Unclaimed Property Act (RUUPA) – Consideration of the Revised Uniform Act as an opportunity to update New Jersey’s current statutes (enacted in 1981), with a focus on identified issues (shown in bold in the Memo)Explanatory Memo - WORD || Explanatory Memo - PDF
3. Suspended License - Consideration of a Memorandum providing additional information concerning whether it is appropriate to modify the language of N.J.S. 2C:40-26(b) to clarify that an individual who operates a motor vehicle beyond the determinate sentenced term of suspension, but before reinstatement, would properly be charged with N.J.S. 39:3-40 and not N.J.S. 2C:40-26(b).WORD || PDF
4. Alimony Modification – Consideration of a Memorandum presenting a potential project concerning modification of alimony in anticipation of prospective retirement pursuant to N.J.S. 2A:34-23(j) as discussed in Mueller v. Mueller, 446 N.J. Super. 582 (2016).WORD || PDF
5. Unemployment Benefits – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project regarding eligibility for unemployment benefits pursuant to N.J.S. 43:21-5 as discussed in Anderson v. Board of Review, 2016 WL 4446160 (App. Div. 2016).WORD || PDF
6. Annnual Report 2017 - Consideration of a draft of the Annual Report for 2017.
7. Proposed Meeting Dates for 2018 - Consideration of proposed meeting dates for the upcoming year.
Please note: Next Commission meeting scheduled for January 18, 2018.