***The November meeting of the New Jersey Law Revision Commission, scheduled for November 15, 2018 has been cancelled, and the Commisison will meet next on its regularly scheduled meeting day of December 20, 2018. We apologize for any inconvenience.***
The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, November 15, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Guardianship – Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing modifications to the language of the New Jersey guardianship statutes (N.J.S. 3B:12-1 et seq.) to incorporate the recommendations of the Uniform Guardianship, Conservatorship and Other Protective Arrangements Act (UGCOPAA).Report - WORD || Report - PDF
The Appendix contains suggested modifications to the statutory language of Title 3B - only the sections of that Title for which modifications are proposed are included in the Appendix.Appendix - WORD || Appendix - PDF
2. Hearsay Exception in Title 9 and Title 30 – Consideration of a Memorandum concerning the hearsay exception contained in N.J.S. 9:6-8.46(a)(4), its potential applicability to Title 30, and its relation to the 2014 Commission Report on Child abuse and neglect (New Jersey Division of Child Protection and Permanency v. T.U.B., 450 N.J. Super. 210 (App. Div. 2017)).WORD || PDF
3. Public Health Definitions - Consideration of a Memorandum seeking authorization to expand the scope of this limited Commission project to consider other potentially duplicative or confusing definitions contained in Title 26.WORD || PDF
4. Learned Professionals Exception - Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to address the learned professionals exception to the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act as discussed in Atlantic Ambulance Corp. v. Cullum, 451 N.J. Super. 247 (App. Div. 2017).WORD || PDF
5. Mistaken Imprisonment Act (N.J.S. 52:4C–1 to –7) - Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to clarify provisions of the Mistaken Imprisonment Act as discussed in Kamienski v. State Department of Treasury, 451 N.J. Super. 499 (App. Div. 2017).WORD || PDF
6. Open Public Records Act (N.J.S. 47:1A-1.1 et seq.) – Entities to Which Applied – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to clarify the statute as concerns the entities to which it applies as discussed in Verry v. Franklin Fire District No. 1, 230 N.J. 285 (2017)WORD || PDF
7. Meaning of “User” in N.J.S. 40:14B–2(5) – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to clarify who constitutes a “user” or “non-user” of a sewer for purposes of sewer charges as discussed in Township of Hardyston v Block 63 S 3490 Route 94 Assessed to Beaver Run Shopping, 2017 WL 3297463 (2017).WORD || PDF
8. Open Public Records Act (N.J.S. 47:1A–1.1 et seq.) – Redacted Information – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to clarify the statute as concerns the issue of redaction discussed in Paff v. Bergen County, 2017 WL 957735 (App. Div. 2017).WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission meeting scheduled for December 20, 2018.