The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, January 18, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Suspended License - Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing a modification of the language of N.J.S. 2C:40-26(b) to clarify that an individual who operates a motor vehicle beyond the determinate sentenced term of suspension, but before reinstatement, would properly be charged with N.J.S. 39:3-40 and not N.J.S. 2C:40-26(b).WORD || PDF
2. Partnership Trade Name Certificates – Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing a modification to modernize the statutory provisions pertaining to partnerships, including penalties no longer consistent with the State’s approach to business entity requirements.WORD || PDF
3. Anachronistic Statutes – Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing the repeal of a group of apparently anachronistic statutes.WORD || PDF
4. Revised Uniform Unclaimed Property Act (RUUPA) - Consideration of a Memorandum providing additional detail in response to questions raised at the last Commission meeting concerning the provisions of the RUUPA, designed to update New Jersey’s current statutes (enacted in 1981).WORD || PDF
5. Communications Data Warrants and Electronic Communications – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project in response to the determination of the Court in In the Matter of the Application of the State of New Jersey for Communications Data Warrants to Obtain the Contents of Stored Communications from Twitter, Inc., 448 N.J. Super. 471 (App. Div. 2017).WORD || PDF
6. Inheritance from a Deceased Child – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project considering the circumstances under which a parent may be precluded from inheriting from a deceased child as discussed in In re Estate of Fisher, 443 N.J. Super. 180 (App. Div. 2015).WORD || PDF
7. Theft of Immovable Property – Consideration of a Memorandum concerning the definition of the word “transfer” as used in N.J.S. 2C:20-3(b) based on the decision in State v. Kosch, 444 N.J. Super. 368 (App. Div. 2016).WORD || PDF
8. Annual Report 2017 – Consideration of a draft of the Annual Report for 2017.
Please note: Next Commission meeting scheduled for February 15, 2018.