The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, March 15, 2018, at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. “Residence” for Purposes of Sex Offender Registration - Consideration of a Revised Draft Tentative Report regarding proposed modification of N.J.S. 2C:7-2 to deal with the registration of secondary addresses in response to State v. Halloran, 446 N.J. Super. 381 (Law Div. 2014) that incorporates additional research and proposed statutory language as directed by the Commission.WORD || PDF
2. Suspended License – Consideration of a Revised Draft Tentative Report proposing modifications of the language of N.J.S. 2C:40-26(b) to clarify that an individual who operates a motor vehicle beyond the determinate sentence term of suspension, but before reinstatement, should not be charged with a violation of the criminal law.WORD || PDF
3. Public Assistance Law – Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report regarding Public Assistance that represents a revision of the Commission’s 2009 Final Report on this subject.WORD || PDF
4. Guardianship - Consideration of a Memorandum reviewing the status of New Jersey guardianship law and updating the Commission regarding the research conducted to this time.WORD || PDF
5. Out-of-State DWI – Consideration of a Memorandum recommending conclusion of the project regarding whether out-of-state DWIs should qualify as predicate convictions pursuant to N.J.S. 2C:40-26 as a result of Legislative activity in this area.WORD || PDF
6. Municipal Vacancy Law – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project to identify possible changes to the Municipal Vacancy Law in order to improve its organization and effectiveness.WORD || PDF
7. Open Public Records Act – Security Camera Footage – Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project to address the issues reviewed by the New Jersey Supreme Court in Gilleran v. Township of Bloomfield, 227 N.J. 159 (2016).WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission meeting scheduled for April 19, 2018.