The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday, April 20, 2017, at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Clarification of Tenure Issues -- Consideration of a Memorandum providing supplemental information at the request of the Commission and a Revised Draft Tentative Report proposing revisions to N.J.S. 18A:17-2 to address the tenure rights of clerks, secretaries, and certain other non-teaching school employees in voluntary transfer and promotion situations. Memo - WORD || Memo - PDF || Report - WORD || Report - PDF
2. Title 44 - The Poor Law -- Consideration of a Memorandum and Table of Dispositions pertaining to an older Commission Report proposing supplemental work to update and enhance that Report. Memo - WORD || Memo - PDF || Table - WORD || Table - PDF
3. Affidavit of Merit Statue -- Updated information to be presented to the Commission regarding the status of this project proposing revisions to the Affidavit of Merit statue (N.J.S. 2A:53A-26 to -29).
4. Frivolous Litigation Stature -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project to consider modification of the Frivolous Litigation Statue (N.J.S. 2A:15-59.1) to permit the application of the statue to appeals. WORD || PDF
5. Alternative Procedure for Dispute Resolution Act (APDRA) -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project to address an ambiguity in N.J.S. 2A:23A-13(a) identified by the Court in Citizens United Reciprocal Exch. v. N. NJ Orthopedic Specialists, 445 N.J. Super. 371 (App. Div. 2016). WORD || PDF
6. Accidental Disability Pension -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a potential project to determine if a modification would be appropriate in light of the Court's decision in Moran v. Board of Trustees, Police and Firemen's Retirement System, 438 NJ Super. 326 (App. Div. 2014). WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission Meeting tentatively scheduled for May 18, 2017.
- December 2009 PDF
- November 2009